ANTIQUE: IT'S SIMPLY OUR
The Art Deco building, originally called Neate’s Hall when it was built in 1915 and re-named the Arcadia Picture Palace when it opened in 1921 as a 999-seat cinema, is an outstanding example of early Australian country-cinema architecture. After it closed in the 1960’s because of falling attendance it was variously used for ice-skating, receptions,
public meetings and socials, as well as a peg factory and for manufacturing seat belts.
In 1977 it was leased as a junkyard then, after refurbishment, it was transformed into its current manifestation as a major retail centre. Today, with its magnificent Jenny Kee designed community mural along the length of the building, the Victory Theatre has deservedly become a Blue Mountains landmark and tourist destination.
VICTORY THEATER IN 1931
RELAX & ENJOY
THE BEST FOOD and COFFEE
The Victory Café is located at the top of the Blue Mountains in the foyer of the old Victory Theatre at Blackheath.
It prides itself on being a warm and friendly meeting place with outside dining where locals can sit in the sun enjoying the best coffee in town.
Terry Tan, who has been in the Café-Restaurant business in the upper Blue Mountains since 1990, offers an innovative seasonal lunch menu at café prices using fresh local produce when possible, free range eggs and chicken and Megalong Valley Wagyu beef. His popular breakfast menu is still available until 2pm.
Open every day 8am-4pm
Phone: (02) 4787 6777
50,000+ ITEMS TO CHOOSE FROM
17-19 Govetts Leap Road
Phone Victory Theatre:
02 4787 6002
02 4787 6126
Monday - Sunday: 10am - 5pm
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Victory Antique Center 2014.